20 June 2011

Paternity Practice

Father's Day was this weekend and I have issues with what is great 'gift ideas' for dad.

Braun had a whole section of ads promoting how their Series 7 electric shaver was the perfect Father's Day gift. Is this what men hope to get? Here, dad, you look like crap. Shave for a change.

The website iamastuffedanimal.com has this extremely disturbing personalized stuffed animal made to look like you...and this is a great idea for Father's Day??? I know lots of men who just can't wait to put their favorite stuffed animal up against the pillow after they make the bed (satire) and do you want to display a stuffed animal made to look like 'dad'?  My darling daughter would have to ask them to produce a stuffed human replica that is either screaming or making the 'straight face'.

The standard tie, shirt and wallet says, "Work more so you can open this wallet and grand contents will fall out into our hands."

All men really want for father's day is to practice what it takes to actually become a father.

That's what my husband got from me for father's day.  And I'm super at peace with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment